Study in Australia
Australia not only as a student destination but overall is a dynamic and technologically vibrant country that offers good educational and career life to the students from all over the world including students from Nepal.
Australia is one among the most sought-after study destination for Nepalese students. IT has always been a popular student destination among students for abroad studies because of the quality of education, lifestyle and the friendly nature of the Australian people who accept all other cultures all around.
Every year, students from different parts of the world including Nepal visit this country in large numbers to avail themselves of the educational opportunities here.
The main reason behind this is that it offers the best educational system along with a challenging English-speaking environment.
Having some of the world’s top Universities as its assets; the country offers the best educational environment for international students. There are over 22000 courses and 1100 institutions that span over more than 29 study areas like language, nursing, medicine, engineering, art, business, etc.
Facts about Australia as a student destination
- Australia is the world’s 13th largest economy and has the world’s fifth-highest per capita income.
- One of the most popular destinations in the world for international students.
- Australia is the third most popular destination for international students
- AQF provides a standard for global recognition
- The cost of living is lower compared to the high standard of living
- Over 260+ languages are spoken in Australia
- Five of the top 40 cities with the best urban infrastructure are in Australia
- Australia is the fourth happiest country
- Australia is ranked ninth in the world in the university system ranking
- Melbourne has been ranked the world’s most liveable city for the past three years
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian Universities.
- 5 out of the 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- $200 Million annual government investment on international scholarships.
- 2,500,000 international alumni of Australian institutions are making a difference around the world.
- Almost one in four Australians was born overseas.
- The Human Development Index of the UN Human Development Report 2015 ranked Australia second in the world.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2016 World’s Most Livable Cities Survey ranked Melbourne No. 1 in the World’s most livable city.
Australia For Further Studies
Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from. Regardless of what you are studying or how long for, Australia’s law promotes quality education & protection of international students. As an international student in a study visa, you must study with an institution and in a course that is registered with the CRICOS. CRICOS registration guarantees that the course & the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students. So no matter what course you want to study for, how long or where you can be assured that in Australia you will have a high quality & rewarding study experience.
Why study in Australia?
For a very sparsely populated country with a relatively small number of universities, housing 8 out of the top 100 universities in the world is quite a feat.
Diverse Course Availability
With over 22,000 high-quality courses and program on offer in as much as 1,100 institutions, study in Australia is a great choice for you—whether you want to be taught by the best or undertake your own research.
Post-study work rights in Australia
Australia grants post-study work visa to international students after they have completed their master’s, bachelor’s or doctoral degrees. Successful applicants are granted a visa for the duration of 2 years to 4 years.
A safe, multicultural environment
Australia is considered as one of the safest countries in the world with multicultural, friendly and pleasant society.Did you know that 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia?
Relatively lower cost of education
We are not saying that studying in Australia is very cheap. But, a simple analysis and the comparison of quality against the cost for all countries that are leading education powerhouses will easily reveal that Australia is relatively one of the cheapest countries.
Great place to visit
There are over 500 National Parks in Australia to explore and 19 UNESCO World Heritage sites to tick off your list if you do set out on such an endeavor.
Easier Visa norms
An Australian study visa is relatively easier to get than visas for the US and the UK. On 1st July 2016, the Australian government has abridged the visa sub classes and introduced a simplified student visa framework (SSVF) to provide more efficient visa services to applicants.
Numerous Scholarships opportunities
Different colleges and university has their own criteria for scholarship. You can apply for Scholarships in Australia based on courses and universities.
Academic Document Checklist
- Visa application form
- Photocopy of passport
- Identification card copies
- Four filled self-adhesive name and address labels
- Passport sized photo(not older than six months)
- Formal educational documents(photocopy)
- IELTS certificate
- Criminal record check results
Financial Document Checklist
- Proof of funds from a suitable source
- Proof of cash deposits
Medical Document Checklist
- Medical reports and x-ray examinations
- Proof that the student has an Overseas Student Health Cover for the total duration of the visa.
Work While You Study in Australia
For international undergraduate students, the average fee is around $23400* per year.
For master’s degree, it costs around the US $1600 to $29600*.
For the doctoral degree, it costs around $11200 to $29600*.
*The cost mentioned above is based on estimate figures from Colleges and University average and does not confirm the fees you may pay.